- During last year’s Super bowl, viewers purchased 50 million cases of beer for the game.
- The most popular domestic beers include: Bud Light, Coors Light, Budweiser, Miller Lite & Natural Light.
- The top selling Craft beers include: Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Sam Adams Boston Lager, New Belgium Fat Tire, Shiner Bock, & Widmer Hefeweizen.
- Beer drinkers be warned, the average price for beer at MetLife Stadium is $8.75, the second-highest in the NFL.
- As you can see from the list, there is not much to choose from in terms of local beers. No New Jersey or New York craft beers are served. However you could make an argument that the Budweiser, Bud Light, etc. is local since it likely comes from Newark's Budweiser plant which produces 9.5 million barrels of InBev products. Of course its still Bud. You're best bet for local beer and the Super Bowl? Check out our #MustDoMondays recommendations for Sunday. We've chosen two great events and both will be pouring local craft beer.